Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yummy way to start the day!


"Goodness!" is what I said after tasting these Cinnamon Rolls.

I was turned on to this recipe by Crystal, and have been holding onto it for the next time I had to make a nice Saturday morning breakfast. This morning presented me with the perfect opportunity. Eric brought home a recruit for an early morning meeting and wanted to serve cinnamon rolls. The only problem was that no matter how welcome I wanted to make this young man feel, I was NOT getting up before dawn to be rolling and cutting and spreading flour all over the kitchen. I just don't get that much sleep to start with! Therefore, I took the Sandra Lee approach and used jumbo cinnamon rolls from the "pop tube" and only made the delicious maple frosting from scratch. This plan worked out great and the maple frosting added that homemade touch.

Gotta bring breakfast to Sunday School tomorrow? What about work sometime this week? Whether you decide to try the whole recipe with rolls from scratch, or just the icing, I think you will find a new favorite recipe for your collection.

Note: The icing recipe makes an abundant amount. I halved the recipe and it still made enough icing for 10 jumbo rolls (two pop tubes). For what it's worth, I also used the ALDI's brand cinnamon rolls and they were just as good if not better than that "blue tube". ;-)

2 comments:

molly said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll be trying this sometime....with the tube kinda of rolls of course! :)

pdisandro said...

Eric was telling me that these turned out really good. Sounds like something to try! :-)