
Today Matthew spent a few hours with our babysitter. When I got home she said, "I hope you don't mind, I brought some paints with me today, and Matthew and I painted." I didn't mind and was excited to see what Matthew created. When he showed me I was pretty impressed. But what he said next blew me away.
Me: Matthew, what is this a picture of?
Matthew: A night sky.
I looked at our babysitter, she looked at me. I said, "Did you tell him that?" She said, "Nope, but he's been saying witty things like that all morning!" Matthew's creativity has tickled my heart today. I framed his 1st painting in a shadow box and put under it the little caption, "A Night Sky". It's hanging in our living room.
I am so delighted by what my son has done, and I can't help but wonder if I ever do things that delight my Heavenly Father this much. I sure hope so. It's a wonderful feeling.
Me: Matthew, what is this a picture of?
Matthew: A night sky.
I looked at our babysitter, she looked at me. I said, "Did you tell him that?" She said, "Nope, but he's been saying witty things like that all morning!" Matthew's creativity has tickled my heart today. I framed his 1st painting in a shadow box and put under it the little caption, "A Night Sky". It's hanging in our living room.
I am so delighted by what my son has done, and I can't help but wonder if I ever do things that delight my Heavenly Father this much. I sure hope so. It's a wonderful feeling.


5 comments:
WOW, Matthew! You are very talented and creative artist....
Can you paint something for Nonna & Grandpa Mike? We would love that!
Hugs!!!
Priceless.
I am extremely impressed! Cade has no interest in "crafts." Someday. Is that the babysitter I know?? Do you have any recommendations of types of paint? Thanks!
Yes Jess, it was our "K". We love her. She said they were just the acrylic paints from walmart. This is a piece of cardboard she cut from a box. Nice- doesn't soak through.
Tell her hello from me . . . it has been a very long time and I am sure she has grown up to be a wonderful woman and will make an exceptional mommy someday! Call me this week . . . news to tell!
Post a Comment