Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 5- Food, Glorious Food

We always seem to prepare special food on Valentine's Day, so I thought I would post a couple of fun food ideas.

Heart shaped pancakes are always a hit. You can use regular pancake mix, or try my multi-grain recipe. Dress them up using pink food coloring, strawberries, or sprinkles. I also served mine with vanilla yogurt. Making my pancakes heart-shaped proved to be more of a challenge than I expected. Therefore I cheated and used cookie cutters ;-)

I also found a great fondue recipe last week. You can find it here. I strongly urge you to use Hershey's Semi-sweet chocolate chips when making this. I made one batch with it and one batch with a brand whose initals are T.H. The Hershey's fondue was amazing and the other one tasted terrible. Besides, the Hershey's foundation (which benefits from the corporation profits) is doing amazing things for underprivileged children. They also don't find it neccessary to use seductive cartoons to sell their products! (whatever happened to little kids saying "it melts in your mouth, not in your hands!) Anyhow, that's my plug for Hershey's chocolate.

Here are some other great Valentine food ideas. Try them out or let them inspire your own loving creations!
Bear Hugs
Cupid Cups
Chocolate Passion Bowl

If you decide to cook your own steaks (or chicken) try out our favorite topping. Mix 1/2 c mayo, 1/2 parmesean cheese, and 1 t garlic salt together. Spread this mixture over your seared steak and finish cooking in the oven or over the broiler. Enjoy!

No comments: