
Here are some great Spiced Nuts for your boyfriend or hubby. Again, I gave these out as holiday treats but they are perfect for Valentine's Day. Just make these delicious candied nuts, then place them in a new beer stein or fancy glass container, and tie on a note that says "I'm Nuts Over You!" Really, who doesn't want to hear that? (Even if it IS a bad pun!) Here's what you need:
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/16 t ground red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c butter
- 3 c Salted mixed nuts
In a large bowl combine first four ingredients and 1/4 c sugar; set aside. In a skillet, melt butter, stir in nuts, and add remaining 1/2 c sugar and 1 t water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar melts and nuts start to brown (approx. 10 min.) Stir nuts into spice mixture, tossing to coat; then spread on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Cool for 2 hours and then break up in to small pieces and place in gift container.
Since I made these for Eric's stocking this Christmas, I need new ideas for a Valentine's gift. I'm going to check out the many links in this post at Money Saving Mom for some ideas. Please leave me a comment with any gift ideas you may have. I'm running out of time!
NOTE: Money Saving Mom also has a great tip about $5 coupon per child at Old Navy, available to you only on Valentine's Day. Check it out here.

No comments:
Post a Comment