Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 2- I'm Stuck On You!


I want to thank my friend Molly for showing me how to make these darling magnets. I've used the idea over and over again. Magnets are a fun little gift to give to your spouse to use in their office, or for relatives. This year I made magnets using pictures of my kids and packaged them in a little tin heart I recycled. I'll be giving them as a gift from the boys, to someone special with a note that says "I'm Stuck on You!" You can use any subject matter: food, pretty patterns, words, even X & O's for Valentines Day. Try using the same concept to create a unique one of a kind Tic-Tac-Toe game! Here's what you need:


  • Large clear rocks (near the florist or candle department. These are from Michael's. Avoid using ones with an iridescent coating)

  • Mod Podge Glue

  • Paint Brush

  • Pictures or Words from magazines or your home computer

  • 3/4" round magnets


Cut words or pictures out of magazines, or print them from your home computer. Cut into small circles and glue paper on the flat side of a clear glass rock, using a clear drying glue like Mod Podge. (Make sure the side you want to see through the "bubble" is facing the glass.) Coat back side of the paper w/ another layer of glue, paying special attention to covering the edges of the paper with glue. Let dry, then apply a second coat of glue. Attach magnet to the back side of the rock immediately after applying second coat. Let dry completely.


Attention!!!! Want more ideas for Valentine's Day? Try checking out Frugal Freebies and Deals. I am guest posting there today with an article on how to make your own organic baby food at a fraction of the cost of that commercial brand!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: