Friday, February 20, 2009

A Charming Giveaway


I don't think I've mentioned it before but I craft in phases. I go through a sewing phase, then a card making phase, occasionally a soap making or embroidery phase, and of course my jewelry phase. The jewelry was getting most of my attention before Micah came along. I used to sell some pieces at a nearby boutique. Not that I made much money doing this, but still, it felt good to get the monthly check and know that someone liked my design enough to buy it! Anyhow, yesterday I had the house picked up, a project done for Eric, and the bills paid, soooooooo, I decided to make this bracelet I had pictured for quite a while. It's kinda funky, not so delicate, but I like it. I think I'm gonna keep this one. While I had all my "stuff" out I came across these beads I purchased last year that had words like "wish" "hope" & "create" on them. I have never quite figured out what to do with them. So after "playing" with it for a little while, I made this little charm/ pendant.
The beads are a pale yellow. To celebrate my return to jewelry making and "Freebie Friday", I am giving away this charm through a random drawing here on my blog. If you would like to receive this "wish" charm (sorry, chain not included), all you have to do is leave a comment letting me know what type of jewelry you tend to buy (earrings, necklace, bracelets, etc.) If I don't personally know you, also include how you came to find this blog. I will use a random number generator for the drawing. You have until Sunday at midnight to enter to win. Don't forget to check back on Monday to see if you've won! Based on the number of comments I usually get, I'd say your chances are pretty good ;-)

PS- I will mail the charm to the winner.

NOTE: If you do not have a blogger account, you can still enter to win. After entering your comment, choose Name/ URL under "choose and identity". Enter your name and ignore the URL field. Submit your comment and it will show with the name you gave it.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like earrings!

Anonymous said...

The bracelet is really cool...aw i forgot..... your keeping that one!

The Giffen Family said...

Ooo...ooo! I want it ;) I typically am an earring and necklace shopper. You're so craft Liz Hehman!

molly said...

What a fun idea! Don't enter me though....I'm your boring friend that rarely branches out in the jewelry category. I LOVE it, but always feel a little funny. :)

jpenner said...

Very fun idea Liz!! I love jewlery and making it, but I am not good at remembering to wear it. Or, Ella pulls at it so I take it off. :) Maybe one day I will enjoy it again.
Love the braclet, and charm, very nice!
BTW- this is emily, not Joel.

Anonymous said...

This is a fun idea Liz, as always you're being creative in some aspect of life!
Well, as you know I am a simple jewelry person but generally buy earrings to try and spice up my outfit. I would like to wear necklaces more, but I don't think I am as confident with them.

Jenn said...

hi liz :) i probably shouldn't enter for the free charm thing cause i'm real bad at leaving comments...sorry...but i did want to tell you that i LOVE to read your blog! how do you come up with all this great stuff? so cool. miss you guys!

Steve and Laura said...

I usually buy necklaces :)