Thursday, April 30, 2009

MOPS Craft

Our latest MOPS craft were these chalkboards, intended to be used to keep Scripture and words of Truth in continually before us. Today mine bears a line from a wonderful Watermark song. These chalkboards were really simple to make and everyone personalized theirs to reflect their own style and home decor. We started with unfinished chalkboards from the craft store, then stapled a ribbon to the back. Next we painted them, and embellished. I added the two knots in the front to make it look like the ribbon pulled through from the back, a "hope" sticker, and used a stamp for the flourishes. A scrap piece of ribbon made the chalk holder and it was done! I think these are adorable for kids rooms too. Next I may use mini chalkboards to make tags for my storage baskets.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cainan & Ryker said...

I've been getting comments like, "That's cute. Where'd you get it?" when people see mine. Good craft idea!