Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Punchy for Punch!


I don't know what it is lately but I'm totally into punch! I don't even own a punch bowl, but I love making yummy and pretty party punch (which I then have to borrow a punch bowl to serve ;-). When I was growing up, punch was little more than Hi-C and 7 up mixed together. But these days I come across so many wonderful, more interesting punch recipes that I am eager to try them out. There is also something about punch that makes a party a party; do you know what I mean? Punch is something you only have at a special occasion, and usually a happy one! I mean, have you ever had punch at a staff meeting? or a Tuesday night dinner? Probably not- I sure haven't. Punch also strikes nostalgia in me. It makes me think of June Cleaver in her 5 foot wide party skirt and cap sleeve blouse, serving drinks while streamer hang over her head. Basically what I am saying is punch is cute, it's retro cool, and I LIKE IT! I listed a punch recipe a week ago, but this past week I made an even better one for a friend's party (more on that later). I even love the name Luscious Slush Punch. The guests loved it and I think you might too. If you want to try it out, you can find the recipe here!

No comments: