I love to eat a good salad, but I don't do it as much as I should because I don't like to make them. It may haves something to do with being a"pantry girl" for the summer when I was 16 years old. My job was to cut up EVERYTHING that went on the salad bar at a restaurant. It was tedious, mundane, and well, I guess it left an impression on me. However, this week I found a simple salad recipe that is sure to be a summer staple in our home. It was delicious, simple, and well liked by my family and some company I hosted. If you enjoy fruit and baby spinach, I encourage you to try it sometime. This would be a great salad to go with Easter Dinner as well!
Spinach & Apple Salad1/2 bag (about 6 oz) of pre-washed baby spinach
3 apples, peeled, cored, and cubed OR 2 Navel oranges, peeled, divided, and cubed
1/4 cup shelled, salted sunflower seeds
Serve with
Apple Vinaigrette Dressing.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Whisk together sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard, salt, and oil. This dressing can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
1 comment:
I bet dried cranberries would be good in it too. :)
Post a Comment