
Monica over at The Homespun Heart has started a series entitled "Restoring Order". Along with her friend Rebecca. she hosts inspirationing posts on their efforts to restore order to their home. This series could not come at a better time. Ever since the middle of March I feel like things have been unraveling around here when it comes to my home being organized, neat and tidy. I was starting to get discouraged and overwhelmed as laundry and projects continued to pile up at a rate faster than I could tackle them. I was loosing motivation, ambition, and frankly hope, that I could manage it all. However, these ladies took the "start somewhere" approach and it really inspired me. Last week I worked on a different room of the house each day. I started with the guest room (also my craft space) since we were having a house guest about to arrive for the week. Then I moved on to the kitchen, dining room, living room, toys, etc. Each day I spent a little time on an area. Despite the fact that the kitchen is constantly being used and abused, and the toys always come back out, by the end of the week I did feel a sense that some order had been restored to our home. This week, I will tackle the upstairs, where it's a bit more messy since only our own family goes up there. I am excited to see these spaces re-ordered, and even more so to get to the point where I can do some decorating in the boys rooms. Neither room really feels "pulled together" and I'm looking forward to accomplishing that eventually. So, who says reading blogs is a waste of time? I found just the inspiration that I needed from a fellow mom and homemaker who I've never met. Hope you find inspiration for your challenges today as well!

No comments:
Post a Comment