Friday, May 1, 2009

Angie's Grilled Chicken

Two years ago, my sister-in-law introduced me to the most wonderful grilled chicken recipe. Ever since that day it has been one of our favorites, worthy of a special occasion but easy enough for a weeknight dinner. We keep a big batch of the rub in our spice cabinet which makes it come together very quickly. The recipe comes from a well known magazine featuring recipes from a region of the country known for amazing food. Since I don't want to get my butt sued, I'll just call it "Angie's Grilled Chicken". Don't leave out the sauce, it really makes this dish burst forward with flavor!

Chicken Rub:
1 T dried thyme
1 T dried oregano
1 T ground cumin
1 T paprika
1 t onion powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper

Rinse & pat dry 10 chicken thighs (I like boneless best) and rub mixture evenly over chicken. Place in freezer bag and chill 4 hours. Grill chicken over medium high heat (350-400 degrees) 8-10 min on each side or until instant read thermometer indicates internal temp. of 180 degrees. Close grill while cooking. Serve with the following White BBQ Sauce

1 1/2 c mayo
1/4 c white whine vinegar (whit vinegar is fine too)
1 clove garlic pressed or minced
1 T coarsly ground pepper
1 T spicy brown mustard
1 t sugar
1 t salt
2 t horseradish

Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container in fridge for up to one week.

This recipe does not disappoint! I don't tend to like horseradish but it's not overwhelming in this sauce. The recipe also works on chicken breast. It might help to tenderize them first though.I served it with roasted potatoes or rolls and steamed green beans. I hope you will try this one next time you fire up the grill.

No comments: