Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just Desserts


Two dessert recipes for you today, both from Kraft- of course!

I made Angel Lush for our Easter meal and it was super simple, very pretty, and a great spring time dessert. if you love pineapple and angel food cake, you'll love this dessert. However, I have to admit I was missing the chocolate. I'm such a sucker for rich desserts. I may try this one again sometime with chocolate putting and strawberries.

If you love chocolate like I do, you would probably rather have this recipe for Chocolate Covered Oreo Cake. A wonderful chocolate cake, beautifully presentated, and super delicious. I suggest replacing the topping with a chocolate ganache instead, it's even better this way! The topping in the recipe gets hard, kind of like magic shell ice cream topping; ganache does not!This cake is worthy of a very special occasion, although it's quite easy to make and I could eat it just about any night of the week. :-) Hope you can use these recipes sometime soon!

No comments: