
I know Christmas is a long way off, but this year I've started doing something new to help out with all the gift buying I'll need to do. About one month ago I started to use Swagbucks, a search engine run by Google, that gives you "bucks" or points when you use their search engine. While users are not awarded points every time they search, I score about 2-3 points a day. Others who search online more frequently will find they win more points per day. All these points accumulate and you can redeem them for various prizes including Amazon gift cards! During the holidays I am an Amazon junkie so this really attracted me. After about 3 weeks of use I have 46 points, which I can redeem for a $5 gift card at Amazon.com. Sure that's not going to put a big dent in holiday gift buying but:
a. I was just paid $5 for doing what I already do
b. If I earn $5 a month for 12 months, that's $60- not too bad
c. If I convince my husband to do the same, that's $120!
I'm not going to start a new career through using or even promoting swagbucks, BUT every penny counts right? The neatest part is that they offer a 2 second download which puts their search window in your toolbar at the top of your page (you probably have one that says google, yahoo, ask, . . .something like that.) Mine is set to swagbucks so I don't even have to think about using it, I just do! Once you set up your account & download the search window there is no extra website to go to prior to your search.
My friend Jessica introduced me to Swagbucks and I decided to give it a try. If you want to try out Swagbucks for yourself, you can tell 'em "Liz sent you" but clicking the button below:

No comments:
Post a Comment