Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No Mess Cookie Decorating

This Easter my mother-in-law had the great idea to decorate egg shaped cookies at our family get-together. To save time she picked up some pre-cut, & iced cookies at a local bakery, as well as these cool FoodWriter markers by Wilton. Now I admit that I am a little slow to catch on when new products come out, but I can't believe I had never seen these before. Our cookie decorating time was so fun and there was no big mess to clean up. It was the perfect way for two 2 year olds to "personalize" their cookies, and so much easier for them to handle. The adults even joined in on the activity. I will definately be using FoodWriters in the future for all sorts of creative treats! Here is Matthew's creation:
Eric made this one for him:
Then he made this one for me:
Matthew finished by giving this activity his "wink and click". He's getting pretty good at that.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

CJCOdell said...

I am extremely impressed - a colored white shirt and sweater while cookie decorating - and no mess! I don't think you will need all of that Tandil you bought. He looks quite clean! And I enjoy the wink!