Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pottery and the Power of Peonies


Here's a recent pottery piece that I started a long time ago when our MOPS group had a ladies night at the pottery place. It came out a bit more "hand painted" looking than I wanted but over all, I like it. I really think painting pottery is a fun thing to do with girlfriends if you can manage to get out!

Besides my pottery brightening up the room, it's time for peonies! You can read my post from last year to hear all about my love affair with these flowers. Last week they showed a new strength of power over me. After filling rooms in the house with fresh cut peonies, I looked around and nothing in the house was quite worthy of their beauty. My windows, in particular, were so disgusting that I got out a bucket and a squeegee and spent the boys nap time washing windows! (Under normal circumstances I would rather do just about any other house project than wash windows ;-). Ahhh, the power of peonies!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cainan & Ryker said...

I absolutely LOVE peonies too. I have two bushes in my yard, both white. I'd like to get some pink and red ones next. I just wish their season was a little longer.

I pronounce them PEA-o-knees. My Grandma always says pea-O-knees. But when Cainan says the word it always comes out sounding like "panties". He says things like, "Mommy, your panties look so nice" and I just can't keep a straight face. :)

Emily said...

Liz your plate turned out great! I really like it!

I am sad I never got to have a starter of peonies from you... so many things left undone. I would love to have them in my yard up here to remind me of you. :)

Unknown said...

I love the plate liz! I love that color green, and I have been wanting to do that for a while now. Maybe this summer! Great to hear from you and so nice to see your blog! How is life? Kids? I would love to see pics of your fam. Tu says Hi to all of you. Blessings!

Unknown said...

I love the plate liz! I love that color green, and I have been wanting to do that for a while now. Maybe this summer! Great to hear from you and so nice to see your blog! How is life? Kids? I would love to see pics of your fam. Tu says Hi to all of you. Blessings!