Friday, May 8, 2009

I know the posts have been a little slow lately. Sorry about that. As you can see, we are doing fine! My big cookie monster (above) and little munchkin are keeping me busy, along with all the "end of school year" activities. It seems like May is a transition month, with many final events to attend and summer plans to make happen!

One of the biggest transitions that has been in the work for months now, is my job. I have resigned from my position and am just trying to tie up loose ends before June. Though my boss has always been gracious and creative in finding great work/home solutions for me, I believe the job is too much responsibility and too much liability for me at this time. It has been a very long road to come to this point, but I can finally let go of the role with peace, knowing the Lord will take care of me and do something new in my life. I still would like to add to our family income a bit, and am waiting on God to show me/us how that will happen. Most of all, I need to take this opportunity to be assured that my value is not in what I do, but in who I am in Christ. What a difficult thing to remember and live out!

So, I guess my days can be best summarized by saying that I'm working on finishing and starting projects in various areas of my life. I'm so grateful for the chance to be home with my boys and am looking forward to teaching Matthew at home next year, before he heads to a year of preschool. If you think of me, please pray for the Lord's continued guidance and confidence to move in the new directions He leads me!

No comments: