Sometimes, I really am tempted to keep a recipe all to myself. That way, when I make it, I can appear brilliant and no one will know how easy it really was. But something about that just seems wrong, like I am holding on you and being selfish. So today I am relinquishing a fabulous recipe and letting you in on this great and super easy Key Lime Pie.
I wasn't a fan of Key Lime Pie at all until I was pregnant and actually visiting Key West. Even then, it took my second child to make me really crave it. Now, I'm hooked and lucky to have come across the recipe below. This pie will turn out yellow, so if you want it green, add a bit of food coloring.
Key Lime Pie
4 large egg yokes
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice, or regular lime juice
1 8 or 9 inch graham cracker crust (store bought is fine)
Cool whip (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer and clean beaters, beat egg yolks until lemon colored. Blend in the condensed milk. Gradually add the lime juice. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled about 2 hours. Serve with whip cream and lime zest for flair!
Added bonus: all the ingredients are available at ALDI!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You should do a blog with just recipes! I made your chicken dish the other night and it was a huge hit. Henry and Sam loved the sauce. They kept saying, "Oh, it's got a kick to it!" (as they licked their fingers clean! Keep them coming!
Mandy Wynkoop
Thanks Mandy, I'm so glad you tried and like the chicken recipe! I'll try to keep the recipes coming. Hope you're all doing well!
It's even better when you make it and deliver it to my house! Thanks for the pie a few weeks ago. Jayme and I enjoyed a piece each night until it was gone.
Post a Comment