Friday, May 30, 2008

My Favorite Two Weeks of Spring


I woke up this morning to find that they had finally arrived; my favorite two weeks of spring! I had to wait a little longer this year because of the cooler weather, but it's always worth it. What is it about these two weeks? Peonies!!!! These flowers and their heavy fragrance make me VERY happy, and the orange blossoms that conveniently bloom at the same time are an added bonus. Just this morning, as I cut this bouquet to bring in the house, I was thinking about how I wanted to carry peonies at my wedding, but couldn't because of their short season (I got married in July). So isn't it just like God to give me a house some years later, with three peonies bushes planted right there for me? He's so clever :-) I love the way He does these things to delight our hearts and remind us of His abounding graciousness, even in seemingly unimportant things. I hope you are all enjoying His grace today, and your favorite parts of spring this weekend!!!

1 comment:

molly said...

Did you know that this is my very favorite flower and that I'm a little obsessed with them? (But not as much as Mary!) LOVE THEM!!!! I have 3 bushes also. I'll have to let you in on my secret of picking them...if I haven't told you before.