Prior to departing I knew I had to prepare for the trip by fixing Matthew's car seat. Ever since moving him into a new car seat, he doesn't want to sleep in the car. On our last trip out East he went 12 hours straight with no sleep. I wasn't sure I was going to make it home alive! I believe one factor in this problem is how uncomfortable the "big boy" seats are. There is no place to lay your head! I researched some accessories I could purchase and found this. But $35 (w/tax & ship) was kind of steep when I didn't know if it would work. So . . . instead I made up these head cushions. The strap goes around the real seat's head rest and I secured it in place using twix clips. The results?
The trip went a little better with a little sleep :-D. I also saw this cushion in person, and I am glad I didn't order it. I think the only thing it would be used for would be an in-car boomerang!

2 comments:
Cade unfortunately has never enjoyed sleeping in the car, so maybe I should try a cool contraption like you did!
Hey can you let me know how you made that exactly. I would love to try it out with Jack. It is also great to see a picture of Laura. Tell her she needs to join facebook :) Thanks,
Kirsten
Post a Comment