
because it's for your baby's bottom!
Here is a great recipe to keep on hand in case your stuck at home with no baby wipes. It's an easy and simple way to make your own with items you probably have around the house. I have used these and find them to be smaller than commercial wipes, but plenty reliable. I still buy regular wipes but make up a batch of these when I'm running low and can't go shopping for a few more days. The only "downside"I have experienced with homemade baby wipes is that they don't have an extended shelf life. I made a batch a few weeks ago and they are still doing fine. However, someone made me a batch when Matthew was born, and since I didn't use them for two months, they went bad (black spots on the bottom of the roll). So, in light of this, I recommend you begin using wipes right after you make them, rather than storing them for later.
Just like baby wipes can be used for a variety of purposes, so can these!
Homemade Baby Wipes
1 Select a size white paper towel roll
2 T baby lotion
2 T baby soap/ wash
2 C warm water
1 3 quart Rubbermaid container (looks like this). I've heard that a big Foldger's coffee container works well too.

Using a bread knife (or electric carving knife if you have one) cut the paper towel roll in half cross-wise, so that you now have two short rolls. Store one for future use. Add soap & lotion to container. Pour in warm water & mix until all ingredients are combined. Add one short roll of paper towels, close lid and make sure it is securely fastened. Turn the container upside down and leave at least 10 minutes. Turn right side up and then pull out cardboard center from towels. When using wipes pull from the center of roll.

No comments:
Post a Comment