Sunday, January 4, 2009

We're Back!!!

Today we arrived home after our whirlwind, 16 day, holiday tour including stops in Indianapolis, Columbus Indiana, Harrisburg & Hershey PA, Spring Lake NJ, Royersford PA, and then encore presentations in Harrisburg and Columbus! Whew! And it's not over yet . . . we'll be heading to Nashville, TN next week! You can imagine what my house looks like right now, and I should be doing many other things at the moment, but instead I am about to fall into bed and get some much needed sleep.

We are so grateful for the fun times we had over the past two weeks. We are very blessed to be able to see both sides of our family and to have kids that put up with over 40 hours of driving in the car. And with that said, I am glad to be home tonight. Although miss my family and friends out east very much, and I would love the chance to live near them again, there is always something about coming "home" that feels good. I was starting to feel it while driving about 50 miles west of Indianapolis today. Oh, I still missed everyone, but at the same time, I really do like living where there is a little more space, a little less traffic, and a lot less retail clutter. Since moving to the rural mid-west, I feel like my life is simpler and I like that. So right about when I was having these thoughts, my favorite new country song came on the radio. Please don't get excited, it is not deep, spiritual, or inspiring. It's just one of those feel-good "Walking on Sunshine" kinda songs that always puts me in a good mood and makes me grateful for the "little" things in life. So, in hopes it will put a spring in your step, here it is.
UPDATE:
ok, so the YouTube video was having some issues, but I found it on CMT (whoever thought I'd grow up to be a CMT fan!) so here it is!



Don't be fooled, it takes a minute to get underway, but then the happy song starts rolling. Just try to stop your toe from tapping :-)

More to come soon, but for now . . . I will sleep with a grateful heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does he say about mother in the song?
It's not very clear.

Liz said...

To see a sunrise,
Love in my woman's eyes
to feel the touch of a precious child and to know a mother's love!!!!

it's all good :-)