
Hi everyone! We are back from Nashville, where we had so much fun seeing the Opryland Hotel, swimming in the pool, and checking out the local cuisine. Now that I've had my biscuit fix at the Loveless Cafe, it's back to eating right and hopefully shedding a few pounds (or more than a few between Eric and I). I've been influenced by two books recently, both of which were Christmas gifts. The first is Lickety Split Meals by Zonya Foco.
Despite the cheesy appearance of the book (my sister-in-law said she just might be the female version of Richard Simmons) I have used this book almost every night we've been home since Christmas. What's more is that we have loved every recipe in it! She does a great job reducing fat and sodium without reducing taste. The nutritional count is at the bottom of every page, and she had neat categories like 5 min. meals, oven/exercise meals/ soups, pastas, appetizers and more. The book is sprinkled with tips for healthy eating, creating new habits, and even grocery shopping. If you think it might be interesting, check it out of your local library and see if it's worth purchasing. If you want to tryout some of the recipes, check out her website! From those listed on this page I have made the Barley Soup, Kicken Chicken, Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, and Chocolate No Bakes. If you get the book definately tryout the Crispy Dijon Chicken.
If you are a health food store junkie, or thinking about becoming one, You Are What You Eat by Dr. Gillian McKeith, may be more interesting to you. This book discusses much more extreme measure to good health, such as detox diets, food combining, and tongue examinations!!! I've enjoyed reading it and gained insight from the concepts, but I can't say I've altered my life completely according to her guidance. It seems like a helpful book to read through and then keep on hand as a reference. If you want a sneak peak into the book check here.
I hope one of these books will inspire you to eat well in 2009!

1 comment:
I've been doing yoga and working out with the Wii Fit every day for an hour or more. Its fun and much less boring than going to a gym.
Still need to start eating better though.
Post a Comment