Friday, December 5, 2008

Rethinking Christmas



It takes courage to rethink Christmas. What if I offend someone? I think I've decided that the best way to encourage this change in perspective is to start with myself, give people permission to be courageous with us, and let it spread from there. Even if it's a slow transformation, it's an important one and worth the time invested. Rethinking Christmas doesn't mean giving up gifts, but rather returning meaning into the gift giving. What if I offend someone? What if I worry more about offending Christ? :-)

BTW- If anyone reading this was THINKING about getting me a gift this Christmas ;-) you can buy me HOPE. There is a chapter in my life story that has made HOPE a deeply meaningful word. You can even find the word in a photo the bottom of this page. Well if you go here, you can buy HOPE for sexually exploited girls. That would be a wonderful Christmas present for me!

2 comments:

CJCOdell said...

Hey Liz! My family - parents, bro, and my mom's side of the family - have decided to purchase items of survival and spiritual guidance through Samaritans Purse this year. It looks very similar to the World Vision link you had. I think that I will enjoy this! Love to you!

CZ said...

Great post Liz. Check out my post about kind of the same thing.
http://hobieandgobie.blogspot.com/2008/10/now-for-something-entirely-different.html