Once again, The Homespun Heart provided me with this adorable idea for silhouette Christmas ornaments. I made a set for each grandma, and a set for me. I also made one of my niece for Eric's mom, so she could have silhouettes of all three grandkids. I used two layers of paint to create the "aged" look on the blue ones, and I wrote their names and ages on the back of each medallion. I love the timeless look of silhouettes and I hope to make new ones each year. This is a great idea for valentines day, or any time of year. Pottery Barn recently featured a nursery with similar wall hangings, which could be made at home using the same techniques. If you think you want to give it a try, check out the tutorial here. More crafts to come :-)!

1 comment:
Oh Liz! They turned out so good! Great job!
Post a Comment