Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So Sad to Say Good-bye















One of the draw backs of being in the football profession is that staff members come and go often. This week we had to say good-bye yet again, as Ashley and Travis left for their new adventure(s) out west. This farewell was especially difficult because of Matthew and Ashley's special relationship. She is basically his best friend, and they adore each other. Ashley started watching Matthew when he was just 8 weeks old. She has watched him grow and learn in countless ways. Meanwhile we had the privilege of watching Ashley fall in love, get married, and graduate. Even though Matthew wasn't crazy about the idea of sharing Ashley with Travis, he rose above the situation and decided to start a friendship with him too. I think that when they got married, Matthew realized that Travis was always going to be tagging along, so he better just make the best of it :-)

We appreciate all they have done to bless our lives! We will miss them much, and I still don't know how I'm going to explain to Matthew that Ashley doesn't live across the street any more.

No comments: