I am happy to report that Matthew did GREAT and I couldn't have asked for anything more. He enjoyed the campsite and our "house" (tent), kept a safe distance from the fire, didn't wander off, went to bed when it was time, and stayed out of harmful things like poison ivy and dog poop. Really what more can I ask? Here are some pictures of our trip. We went to Giant City State Park, ate dinner at the lodge to "simplify" the experience, went on a beautiful hike in the morning, and made some wonderful memories!




Here is Matthew checking out the tent, sitting by the fire, reading bedtime stories, and then having his breakfast Monday morning. Then we were off to our hike. I know you are all dying to know what it looks like when you pass a 38 week pregnant lady on the trails, so . . . here it is !




3 comments:
love love love you. Matthew is JUST like Eric - a little born camper. Praying for you and the baby... only a couple weeks now, right?!
I just saw a pop-up camper a couple of blocks over and it looks like a lot of adventures. One of the 100 things on my list to do in a life-time . . . have a camper, not a tent!! We will have our camper adventures in August at the IA State Fair!
Wow, I think you get mom-of-the-year award!
Post a Comment