Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So Good for You!


Do you know about Make it and Love it? Do you know about Quinoa? Today I'm hooking you up x2!

So this summer my concerted effort to eat well went right out the window. Maybe it was the mealtime screaming from a certain 1 year old, or just the laid back pace of summer, I don't really know. But as of the past few weeks, I've been trying to get it together and get back on the wagon. It's going better. One of the ways we both eat healthy and help the grocery budget, is to eat a few vegetarian dinners a week. Of course protein is always a concern with veggie meals, and that is why I was really excited when I read about Quinoa last winter when reading You Are What You Eat. My first attempt at cooking it was rather disappointing, however I found this recipe and made it tonight- WOW- YUM! Eric really liked it and so did I. It would take great with some chicken chunks added too if you've gotta have your meat. I served Micah some plain Quinoa mixed with Sweet Potatoes and he actually liked it! So if you are in the mood to try something really great for you, or if you are looking for a non-meat complete protein, get yourself some Quinoa! :-) If you love great crafty blogs, check Make it and Love it daily, she's got tons of wonderful ideas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's has good Quinoa

pdisandro said...

That's so funny! I actually printed her recipe out when I saw it. I haven't tried it yet though because I was going to get quinoa at TJ's but we didn't go to WashU. :-( Maybe sometime soon though. I'm glad it was a winner though!