Saturday, September 26, 2009

September MOPS Craft


I know I'm not blogging as much as I used to. I'm not crafting or cooking new recipes as much either. My energy is very focused on a few main priorities right now, and everything else waits for that free moment- whenever it may come. One of my commitments this year is being the creative activities coordinator. This is my second year in the position and it has been a really great way to connect with other ladies. It is also great because it FORCES me to do at least one craft a month, because I have to do it for MOPS :-) This month we made these fun magnets. I adapted this idea from Make it and Love it (she's got so many good ideas!) You can use them on the fridge, or to label a metal bin for your kids, some people made "clean/dirty" ones for the dishwasher, or inspirational signs for their computer monitor. We used scrapbook paper, stickers, rub-ons, and glue. My MOPS friends really enjoyed this one, not too time consuming, not too intimidating, and so versatile. If you decide to try it yourself, read the original instructions and don't forget that top coat of glue, it really adds durability. Hope you find a 30 minutes to be crafty this week!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

liz those are so great! I will def have to try it out.
hope all is well as football is in full swing :) blessings
price family

Cainan & Ryker said...

Did I miss this? I thought I missed sippy cup leashes. Now I'm sad. :(

CZ said...

Your MOPS friends did enjoy this craft. Although, when I got home, my daughter critiqued my magnet (not too kindly!) I told her I'd let her make her own soon!

CZ said...

PS Thanks for the link to the original instructions because I didn't think of using all those "ugly" advertising magnets!!