
All the kids are standing up in class this week, and reporting about their summer adventures. Well, it's time for me to fess up . . . to tell you what I've been working on all summer, in between the travels and visitors, and summer fun. Much to my own surprise, last spring I found myself in a position to start my own photography business. It's been a hobby on and off for 15 years, and just as my job at the college was coming to an end, God brought a series of opportunities my way, opening the door to what I never thought could be.
There are so many people out there who have done this already, and have inspired courage and creativity in me as part of the process. I see the fabulous work of Pancho, Traci, Kyle, Melanie, and Gail, all self-made photographers blessing people as they capture treasured moments, expressions, and stages of life in pictures. I especially want to thank Pancho and Julie (who has too much business to have a website- lol!) for their generous invitations to come, ask questions, and learn. Conversations, as well as as the open example of these two have meant much to me. I have much to learn, on so many levels and it's a blessing to have their open invitation. I also MUST thank my brother Mike who not only challenges me to improve, but supports this endeavor with resources and technical support.
I've been doing this "officially" for 3 months now,am learning more and more each week, and am as busy as I want to be. I don't want it to be a stress at home, I left my job to focus on the boys more and that continues to be my desire. But I am grateful for a creative outlet, for a means of some income, and the opportunity to learn and steadily grow in talent and business. I must continue to find "my style" and be true to it, and I must learn to do this for others, not for my own affirmation. The journey to find that in God alone continues. I covet your prayers for these things and welcome you to check out my "mostly functioning" website. I won't be starting another blog for that at this time, but will be creating a facebook page, so if you are on FB- look for me soon and become a fan!
And that is how I spent my summer vacation ;-)

5 comments:
Since I am already a fan - be sure to "invite" me to be a fan once you've set it up on FB! :) Love you!
(Oh, and thinking of visiting in December, after the 11th-ish)
Liz,
Dad and I are very proud of you and the way you are developing proficiency in yet another talent.
I love the way personalities are expressed in the photos you take.
Keep it up!
Will be praying for you Liz... for a successful business that you can use to further God's kingdom, and for a balanced home/work life.
Love your creativity and willingness to put yourself out there. You are great at what you do! Look forward to more or your "neverland" adventure!
Eric
Congratulations on your new beginnings!
Post a Comment