Thursday, October 25, 2007

Recipe of the Day

OK, so you know how I love to bake and eat quiche, . . . ever since I was 15 working at the "Classic Quiche Cafe" (no really!) So tonight I was making an egg for Matthew's dinner and I concocted this recipe. I liked it so much I had to remind myself to save some for him! It gives you quiche taste in less than 5 minutes! Additionally, broccoli and cheese make a complimentary protein, plus the egg gives you an additional protein serving. I think I will make a bigger portion and serve it with soup or salad for dinner one night next week.

Toddler Serving of Quick Quiche

2 Tbsp. Broccoli mashed
1 large egg
1/4 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Ritz Crackers
Cooking spray

Spray a small skillet, and heat broccoli (spread out) over med-high heat 1 minute. Add beaten egg and tilt skillet to coat all of the broccoli. Sprinkle cheese over the omelet, and then crumble two cracker on top of that. Cook until the egg is not longer runny and then flip. Cook another 1-2 minutes. Turn out on plate and serve!

1 comment:

CJCOdell said...

Hey Liz!

I think that I will try this idea. I have tried egg with Cade, but he is not too excited. So we will try again.

I am in a rut with foods for Cade. He loves dried fruit, but his bottom doesn't.

Any other ideas?