Matthew and I just returned from our big trip to PA! The purpose was two fold, both visiting my parents and sister (Steve too!), and going to my 10 year college reunion. Mac was a great traveller and we had a GREAT time the whole week. Going to my reunion was so much fun, more than I expected. The best part was that almost everyone I wanted to see was there! It is difficult to believe that 10 years has passed since we graduated, and everyone looked exactly the same!(Well, except for all the pregnant mommies!) My one regret is not having more time to talk and catch up. It's not like you can meet up with someone for the first time in years and say "how's it really going?" I wish this was socially acceptable. It's not like I really need to know what town they live in or the name of the company they work for. I want to know if the year's have been blessed, if they are in a supportive community, and what they have learned through trials and victory. I did get to catch up this way with a few people and that meant a lot.
But most of all, my roommates and I have realized how precious our ongoing friendship is and how blessed we are to be in touch and see each other often. These are the friends that you can ask these questions of, the "pick up where you left off" type of friends. I have come to value this transparency and find that it is essential to maintaining friendships over the miles and years.

But most of all, my roommates and I have realized how precious our ongoing friendship is and how blessed we are to be in touch and see each other often. These are the friends that you can ask these questions of, the "pick up where you left off" type of friends. I have come to value this transparency and find that it is essential to maintaining friendships over the miles and years.As a side note, I also really valued my sister and Steve acting as Nanny for the day so that I could have a few moments to engage in conversation while not worrying about where Matthew was!
Since we went to the same school, it was her homecoming too, and it was fun to share both my son, and the event!
I love that my family lives in an area that is so familiar to me. Even though my parents have moved away from where I grew up, going to visit still feels very much like "going home". I just wish it wasn't so far away. Living closer is definitely on my "wish list". We had such a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa, and it thrills me to see their joy over Matthew. He was really being a ham this week, imitating our every word and move!
Since we went to the same school, it was her homecoming too, and it was fun to share both my son, and the event!

No comments:
Post a Comment