I haven't posted a recipe in 4-EVA!!! Oh well, I recently made a gi-nourmous amount of this recipe for our freezer club, and it was delicious, so I thought I'd share. Don't worry, this is the version for 4 adult servings ;-) I serve them over rice but if you made smaller meatballs, they'd be a great appetizer too!
The Best Sweet & Sour Meatballs
1lb of ground beef
1 egg
1/4 c of dried bread crumbs
1 envelope of onion soup mix
Mix all ingredients, scoop up & form into golf sized meatballs. On a cookie tray, bake at 350 for about 30 min. (I did this in my giant electric roaster since I made over 120 meatballs!)
1 C packed brown sugar
3 T flour
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 distilled white vinegar
3 T soy sauce
1/8 cup ketchup
1 or 2T Dijon mustard
combine all sauce ingredients in a large sauce pan. Heat through, then add meatballs. Bring to a boil, then lower to simmer for 30 min.
The original recipe can be found here. I subbed the soup mix for an onion the second time I made it and it added tons more flavor. Then I also added the ketchup and mustard based on reviews. Hope you try it sometime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment