Let me start by saying "I don't like potato salad". Hard boiled eggs and mustard are two of my least favorite foods. But, when I found THIS potato salad recipe, I knew it could turn things around; no eggs, no mustard, but lots of shallots- NOW WE'RE TALKING! I made it for some guests last week and everyone loved it. I highly recommend it for your next BBQ or luncheon!
A Different Kind of Potato Salad
3 lbs small unpeeled new or red potatoes
2 shallots chopped
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup real mayo
3/4 tsp dried dill weed
3 green onions minced
freshly ground pepper
kosher salt
Boil or bake potatoes until tender. When potatoes cool, cut up into bit size pieces. Carmelize shallots in a skillet with a bit of oil. Combine all remaining ingredients, salt & pepper to taste. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
I'll admit- I made mine kinda salty but it tasted so delicious against the sweet shallots. The whole thing was so flavorful in your mouth! This recipe serves at least 12-14 normal portions (as opposed to football player portions, LOL!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's so funny (the football player proportions comment) because I think in Jeff proportions and normal person (me) proportions when I cook. Ha!
Post a Comment