Sunday, August 15, 2010
August Evenings
Normally I would not want to share pictures of my kids looking hot, sweaty, & grimey. But there is just something about August that lets me go there. From one angle, August is when our summer ends. Football begins, vacations are over, and "back to school" is everywhere. But from another perspective, August is the essence of summer for me. We hunker down, and stay at home. We enjoy the backyard and the evening breezes. We roll in the grass A LOT, both at home and the practice field. We enjoy (other people's) garden harvest and are grateful for their refreshment. August is more like the summers I remember as a kid, when I thought being bored was a bad thing :-)
Last August, while enjoying the same time, I took similar pictures and I can see how the boys have grown. They are learning to be friends and get along fairly well. We all feel so blessed by the new home and our new community. As "Annie" sang, "I think I'm gonna like it here".
Despite all this good stuff, I find myself lacking words this year, and perhaps that is why I don't post as much as I did. Two preschoolers have a way of using up my daily word ration before 1 p.m. But we are still here, we are excited about the upcoming football season, and we are encouraged by what God is doing in our lives and community. We'd love to see your smiling face, so come and visit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sweat only adds to your charm!
I Love you, Boys!
Post a Comment