We are officially houseless!
Last Friday we closed on our Greenville home and someone else now has ownership of that charming little piece of history we once called "home". I must say, I have never been so happy to NOT own a home. So many wonderful memories were made in that house, most of all bringing home each of our boys from the hospital when they were born. However there are also many burdening feelings associated with that home, and all the work that it took. Lately, each time I walk into an older home here in OH, I get anxious just being in the room! Eric and I have recognized that it was both a bad season of life to be renovating a home, and not a good fit for our skill set and interests. (Both our Dad's are reading this thinking "you just figured that out now?" We don't plan to do that again, and if you hear us ever thinking about it, you have my permission to reprimand us!
Please notice that in my personal celebration of this event, I am careful not to say homeless, as the Lord has been so faithful to always provide for our needs. We have remained sheltered and comfortable in a rented townhouse, while God (and our realtor) was busy selling our house. Given it's age & lack of yard, we continually said, "God will have to sell this home." . . . And He did it 3 1/2 months! Thank you for all the prayers about this, I have been astounded at the many, many people who have told us they were praying for our home to sell. Numerous people I had previously never met, upon being introduced continue with "I've been praying for your house to sell!" I am so grateful for the Body of Christ and those who serve faithfully in prayer.
So what next? I am happy to FINALLY announce that we did purchase a home here and are waiting for the closing documents to be signed. It is a great home, younger than me and built after the invention of the automobile! It has a great yard and plenty of room for the team and out of town guests (now taking reservations :-). We will do some painting prior to moving in but that is about it. This time we get to just move in and LIVE! This is not the only home we offered on. In early April we offered on a home we really liked and lost the home to another buyer who offered the same hour and didn't have another home to sell. We were deeply disappointed. But again, God's faithfulness shines through. The home we purchased has more living space, is more "me" and was cheaper! Yay God! How foolish our disappointment and pouting must look to Him who is faithful, loving, and generous to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
GREAT NEWS, Liz! I knew about selling the Gville house, but not about getting the new one!
I am currently scheming in my brain about when I can visit - maybe late fall.
love you! Tiff
Glad you'll have plenty of room!!! I'd like to make a reservation for 6 the summer!!!! :):)
Miss you guys!
That is wonderful news Liz! Such a relief.
We also have a "God has to sell house" in Towson and are anxious to move once it sells out to Geneva. Thanks for the reminder of His Faithfulness!
Post a Comment