"the emails and verbage on the blog has been lacking because I really struggle to have words at the end of the day. I don't even get to talk with Eric too much. It's been kind of draining being in this townhouse with the boys all day. They are climbing the walls, and Matthew in particular requires lots of discipline. He is having a hard time with the transition, though its coming out sideways. . . .So, being that I hear the sound of my own voice all day long, I don't really like to hear it at night or anytime I have a spare moment!"
The move has been different for each of us. Eric is rising to the professional challenge with the new team and staff, and I am rising to the social challenge of mustering confidence and making new friends. Micah, despite breaking his foot our second week here, is proving to be resilient, learning to run and shoot hoops without giving thought to his cast. (He's also learned to use it for self defense :-) Matthew seems to be struggling the most, probably for lack of words to express his feelings, and lack of friends his age. He spends all day with his brother and therefore is acting the age of his brother. It frustrates me and puts thorns into our previously tight relationship. School would be great for him right now, but there are no openings at our school of choice. So it just is extra motivation for me to get involved with playgroups right away. I hope and pray that this too shall pass.
Our home is still for sale, and we are living in a rented townhouse until that sells. Please pray for it to sell- we want very much to move on with setting up life here. We have been very blessed by the people we have met so far, and I am grateful God has called us to such a welcoming community. Never before have I experienced such genuine outreach of welcoming women. I look forward to having a place where we can get back to hosting and welcoming others, especially students.
Well that's about all the words I have for now. Perhaps Eric will get on here one of these days and give us his perspective- wouldn't we all like to hear from him? I think that's a really good idea! "Oh honey . . . I've got a job for you . . . ":-)

2 comments:
Praying for you. Thanks for this blog post. Glad to hear the report about the welcoming women!
How did Micah break his foot?
oh yes- the foot! Matthew was chasing him IN CHURCH no less (service was over) and he tripped and fell. Matthew tripped and fell over him, and somewhere in the mix, a foot was broken :-) Mis you!
Post a Comment