The boys are doing well! It took a long time but Matthew and I finally found a good routine for our pre-school times. He likes some activities better than others, but enjoys "doing school" and even asks if it's time yet :-). Right now, Eric and I are trying to decide what the future holds regarding school. Our new university has a pre-school on campus and it's wonderful! I am leaning towards sending him next year, but will miss the time we have together and the opportunity to join him in learning and discovery. I know some of this happens at home as well, but I love the intentional nature of homeschooling.
Micah is a little ball of energy! He runs circles around me, flashes mischievous smiles, and climbs on everything. He is a good napper, enjoys trains and books and Jay Jay the Jet Plain :-) Last night when we prayed for our meal he said "AMEN", much to my surprise. He is learning new words and means of communication each day.
Eric has finished hiring his staff and is trying to organize plans for spring ball which starts in about 4 weeks. He'd say his professional life at this time is much like trying to take a drink from a fire-hydrant; so much to do, tons players to get to know, and too many plans to make. However, he enjoys Malone and has met wonderful new c0-workers.
I'm hanging in there, threading to keep my head above water. The house has not sold yet and I pray for a miracle everyday. I have finished all my leadership positions in Greenville, and finished scheduling photo sessions as well. Many people have asked if I intend to relocate the business to Canton, and the answer is "yes". I have really enjoyed this year and learned much. I'd like to continue Liz Hehman Photography, but it will take time to rebuild what I have in IL. (If anyone has suggestions on building client base in a new region- feel free to comment!) I plan on spending the month of March scoping out sites in this new region, making connections with potential senior and family reps, improving the website, and starting a photography blog. Currently my "sneak peak" and announcements are broadcast through facebook, but it's time for a blog as well. I also need to rethink some of my workflow- so that will happen somewhere in there as well.
That's our update! We COVET YOUR PRAYERS!!! We feel the stretching of our circumstances, but God's grace is more than sufficient. If it comes to mind, please pray for the sale of our house, and to find the right permanent housing in OH. (we have rented temporary housing). We miss our friends, especially those of you who are far away and it's been a while since we connected. I look forward to a time when things settle and we can find times to reconnect.
And in case you need to see a craft or you will walk away unfulfilled . . . .

I recently made one of these cute little zipper bags (this is not mine) when I just had to take a break for some "me time". It was fairly easy and fun to try. I definitely would like to make more in the future!

1 comment:
Glad to hear the little steps (to moving) are going OK - will be praying for the house!
Love you! Tiff
Post a Comment