Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Round 1





Here are a few pictures of a "mini" Christmas morning we did at home before leaving for our holiday travels. I woke up in the same bed, each Christmas morning for 28 years, and although I love seeing all our family at the holidays, I feel something about being "home" has been lost over the miles. In the future I'd like to work on creating traditions for our family at home, even if they don't take place on the actual holiday. I'd love comments about what your family does to make the holidays special at home!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

wynkoopmom said...

Hi Liz!
We traveled for Xmas the first four years of
our marriage. Gladly, too. But as soon as
Henry came along we pretty much put a
halt to it. As a child, I always loved waking up Xmas
morning at home. This was important to me
to pass on to my kids. So for the last 6 Christmas'
we have had the priviledge of hosting family
at our home. It's been just what we wanted
but I realized this year that most likely in the
next 2-4 years we'll be able to "branch out"
a bit and add some travel time into
Christmas as the kids get older. I'm a bit selfish
though and really love being with my husband
and kids at my own house!