
Help: We enjoyed 3 weeks of help from both sets of grandparents. RuthAnne was here while I was in the hospital and when we first came home. Then my parents came for two weeks. All the extra hands, cooking abilities, and skill at changing diapers was much appreciated (along with their company :-) Matthew is still asking for his grandma's every time we have to change his diaper! We've been flying solo since Monday, but so far, so good.
Meals: Now that my parents are gone, some friends from MOPS and church are dropping off meals every few days. Yet another wonderful blessing!
Sleep: We are ACTUALLY getting some sleep (although I'd like a nap right now). Micah has been giving us 6 hour stretches at night, which I just about consider to be "sleeping through the night".
Nursing: I am happy to report that nursing has been a completely different experience this time. Micah is feeding well and gaining weight He is averaging a weight gain of .5 oz a day and checked in at 7lbs. 10 oz today. He is a bit jaundice but they say it's no reason for alarm. I have managed to avoid any infections and all the nonsense that came with them last time.
Emotional Health: Some of you have been inquiring about how I've handled the transition this time, since it was a challenge when Matthew came. Well, I have to give all praise to God because I feel so extra-blessed in this area. The post-pardium experience this time around has been great, my hormones leveled out quickly, and truth and experience has allowed me to overcome much of the anxiety I struggled with before. I am certain that answered prayers and successful nursing has been contributing factors in this area.

Matthew had his 2nd birthday recently and now he really LOVES getting presents. He is enjoying his big brother and so far has handled the change well. The only time he freaked out is when I used HIS stroller for Micah, but it was a great opportunity to talk about sharing and Matthew seemed happy to share after that. He is a wonderful little boy :-)
So thanks for all the prayers, cards, phone calls (which I am getting around to returning) and words of encouragement. We are doing well with God's help, and living a blessed life.

1 comment:
So happy to hear things are good.
Post a Comment